Judging: Saturday 30th September
Venue: Daiichi Hotel Ryogoku
Judges: JohnSalvi MW, Katsuyuki Tanaka, Andrew Caillard MW and top alcoholic beverage professionals from Japan and internationally.
Entry deadline: Friday 1st September
Please download the Entry Form and Cider Form and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Fee: 1-5 ciders: 30,000 yen (or €250/$280)/ more than 6 ciders: 21,000 yen (or €180/$200)
SPECIAL OFFER: Enter 4 ciders and get 1 additional free entry
Submission: Equivalent of 6 x 330-375 ml bottles (or 4 x 500 ml or 4 x 750 ml) per Cider
Results Announcement: Friday 16th December on "Results" section
Digital Certificates: Will be sent to the email address around December-January
Benefits of Fuji Cider Challenge Awards:
* Free-to-download medal data online
* Results announced on website
Please send ciders via courier between Monday 3rd July and Friday 8th September at our warehouse:
Sanshin Warehouse Jonan Logistics Center
Fuji Cider Challenge 2023
7-2-2 Jonan-jima, Ota-ku, Tokyo 143-0002 JAPAN
* Please kindly put the Outer Carton Label on the outside of all wine boxes.
* If you have a local distributor / agent, you may wish to arrange with them to deliver the wines ex-Japan stock (remember to complete the form stating you have done this) by forwarding your Outer Carton Label or asking your agent to get in contact with the Japan Wine Challenge.
* Please also mark on each case of wine "Samples - No commercial value".
* All duty, carriage, clearance, storage charges and taxes payable on wines must be pre-paid for by the Submitter. Failure to pay these duties will result in your wines not being entered.
* Please complete the courier documentation carefully, remembering to agree on DDP term - tick the appropriate duty and prepaid freight charges .
- For 2023 competition -
Please submit your Entry Form by Friday 8th September.
Please download the Cider Form here and send it to
by Friday 8th September.
FUJI CIDER CHALLENGE
The 6th Fuji Cider Challenge was held on Friday 4th November 2022 at Daiichi Hotel Ryogoku.
A total of over 50 ciders were entered and judged by a panel of leading cider/wine professionals from Japan and international.
2 Trophy medals were awarded, 4 Gold medals, 4 Silver medals, and 23 Bronze medals.
This reflects the outstanding quality of the ciders entered.
The Trophy Awards Ceremony for the Fuji Cider Challenge 2022 will take place on Friday 17th February 2023 at Conrad Tokyo Hotel.
Click HERE for more details and application form.
＊The Marking System of Fuji Cider Challenge
We adopt a 20 point scale to allocate Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
Trophy winning ciders are chosen from the Gold Medal ciders.
- Ciders that receive 18.0 - 20.00 get a Gold Medal
- Ciders that receive 17.0 - 17.5 get a Silver Medal
- Ciders that receive 15.5 - 16.5 get a Bronze Medal
＊ Please note that wines that are not listed in the results did not receive any award.
＊ Results for all the entries will be sent to each participant by email along with digital award certificates.
DOWNLOAD MEDAL DATA
AI (Adobe Illustrator) data will be downloaded when you click the medal image.
The FCC award medals remain the property of the Fuji Cider Challenge and any unauthorized reproduction or alteration of medals is strictly prohibited (enlarging/shrinking is fine).
Should any trophy or medal be used for promotional purposes (e.g. on printed material or on TV/radio advertising), the award must be attributed to the Fuji Cider Challenge.
Official dimension of the medal stickers: W 29mm x H 25mm
If you wish to obtain medal data for Best Value awards please contact us at email@example.com. We will send you the appropriate data.